Terms & Conditions
Any hire provided by Scootarama Pty Ltd to any other party shall be subject the terms and conditions as set out below.
1. Vehicle Condition And Return
The Company delivers the vehicle to you in good operating condition with the odometer seal unbroken. You agree to return the vehicle in the same condition except for ordinary wear and tear, (BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY DAMAGE) to the location, on the date specified (or sooner if the Company demands).
The Company reserves the right to take possession of the vehicle without notice at your expense should any of the following occur:
The vehicle is illegally parked
The vehicle is used in violation of the law and/or of this agreement
The vehicle is apparently abandoned
Should the odometer seal be broken, the person responsible shall be reported to
appropriate authority and shall be liable for extra charges based on 500 Kilometres
per day or part there of at 50 cent per kilometre.
You shall notify the Company and obtain its authorization for extension of hiring period beyond the Due in Date and Time specified in page 1. Such notification must be done PRIOR TO THE DUE IN DATE AND TIME, otherwise the Company shall
immediately report the vehicle as stolen.
3. Unauthorized And Prohibited Use
Persons prohibited from driving the vehicle:
• Persons other than those identified and/or other persons the Company approved in writing
• Persons not licensed for the class of the vehicle
• Persons with a blood alcohol exceeding the lawful limit.
• Persons who use false identity and person who provides his or her identity to be used as false identity by other person.
• Persons whose Drivers License has been cancelled, endorsed or suspended within the last three years.
The vehicle must NOT be used:
• Outside the Area of Use specified.
• On unsealed or off road conditions under any circumstances unless the Company authorizes in writing. Should the Company give such authorization, all kilometres travelled during the entire hire period will be charge at $1.00 (one dollar) per kilometre in addition to any damages and cleaning fees.
• To carry paying passenger or to carry any inflammable, corrosive or explosives material.
• To propel or tow other vehicle, trailer, boat or any other object unless authorized by the company in writing.
• To carry more people and/or greater load of goods than permitted by the law.
• To carry water skis, surfboards, bicycles, canoes or the like of on the vehicle.
• In a manner and/or for the purposes other than for which the vehicle was designed and constructed.
• For racing, reliability and/or speed trials, pace making, hill climbing or tested in preparation of such purposes.
• In a dangerous manner.
• For any illegal purposes including contravening any legislation or regulation that controls vehicular traffic.
4. Financial Obligations
Joint hirers and ALL drivers are jointly and severally responsible under this
agreement. By entering into this agreement you authorize the Company to debit your credit card (and you shall pay on demand any balance owing) with the following charges.
• All rental charges.
• All charges claimed to the Company due to parking or any other traffic infringements incurred during the period of hire or until such later time when the vehicle is returned to the Company.
• All loss of or damage to the vehicle ( including loss of use), Third party damages, legal expenses, assessment fees, towing and recovery, storage and Company service charges where:
1. Any condition of this agreement and in particular condition 3 has been breached.
2. Any special condition has been breached.
3. The vehicle is involved in a single vehicle accident, unless the Company waives such loss to a single vehicle liability amount of $500.
4. You have left the vehicle unlocked or you leave the keys in the vehicle.
5. You have not kept the key securely under your personal control.
6. The under body of the vehicle is damaged regardless of the cause when no other vehicle is involved.
7. The tyres of the vehicle are damaged other than normal wear.
8. The vehicle is totally or partly immersed in water regardless of cause.
9. The interior of the vehicle is damaged regardless of cause when there is no other vehicle involved.
10. The vehicle is damaged due to being driven under or into an object lower than the height of the vehicle.
11. You fail to maintain all fluid and fuel levels or fail to immediately rectify or report to the Company any defect you found.
12. The vehicle is damaged due to loading and unloading other than normal wear.
13. You fail to properly secure any load or equipment, which leads to loss of the load or equipment.
If you direct the Company to bill charges to any other payment method, person, corporation, firm or organization who/which fails to make
payment when it is due, you shall pay on demand the full amount due to the Company.
5. Theft and/or Damage Cover
If you act within the terms and conditions of this agreement the Company will grant cover (including legal costs incurred with the Company's consent) for your benefit in respect of loss or damages to the vehicle or third party damage, other than any property owned by you or any friend, relative, associate or passenger, and/or items under your physical or legal control.
This cover is subject to the following conditions:
Your payment of the excess of up to, $500 in the case of damages, or $1000 in the case of theft.Your not having acted or caused any other person to act in any manner which contravenes this agreement, including special conditions or any applicable law or statue.
You not having coverage in whole or in part for the incurred loss or damage through any other insurance policy.
You providing all such information and assistance as may be requested and, if necessary authorize the Company, or its insurance agent, to bring, defend, or settle legal proceedings where the Company shall have sole conduct of the proceedings.
6. General Provisions
You shall promptly report any incident involving loss or damage to the vehicle or loss involving the vehicle while hired under this agreement to the Company and shall deliver to the Company immediately, every summons, complaint or paper in relation to such loss. Compliance with this sub paragraph does not excuse you from reporting all incidents to police or other relevant authorities.
You shall release and indemnify the Company and it's agents and employees from all claims of loss or damage to your personal property and any other person's property left on the vehicle at any time before, during or after the rental period regardless of the cause. Except as provided by law, no driver or passenger on the vehicle shall be deemed to be the agent, servant or employee in any manner for any purpose whatsoever.
The Company gives no express or implied warranty as to any matter whatsoever including but not limited to the condition of the vehicle and equipment, it's merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. No right of the Company in this agreement may be waived except in writing by an officer of the company.
• Words used in this agreement to denote any gender shall include all genders, singular words include the plural.
The vehicle must be returned with amount of fuel equal to that at the time of commencement of the rental. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel, the difference shall be charged at a rate, which may include a service component unless prior arrangement has been made and noted upon commencement of the hire.
© 2012 Scootarama PTY LTD
M: +61410 822 084